This year, our family traveled to the the breathtaking winter wonderland of Colorado to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. Just before jumping on the plane, I started feeling the aches, the chills the... flu. Desperate for a fast, hard-hitting remedy, I headed straight to the drugstore to find my cure. As I stood staring at the arsenal of medications highlighted with warnings and side effects – I gradually came to my senses. Realizing that these remedies were really masking agents promising to cloud my mind and dull my senses, I thought about my home medicine cabinet that is fully stocked with powerful natural remedies that would not only ease my body and mind, but would stimulate healing in a truly profound way. A holiday season spent with laughter and loved ones was still within grasp – this, I was grateful for.
Those of you who are interested in finding your new cold/flu "detox warriors" – listen up!
Below is a list of my go-to remedies to use just before bed that bring rest, calm and healing. Soak, rub, delight, breathe – and straight to bed!
- Sand Red Mineral Polish
Exfoliation removes the dead skin that traps toxins and bacteria. Our bodies eliminate toxins through the skin so keeping your skin clear and clean allows for a healthy exchange of oxygen and the release of toxins.
- I'm Grounded Bath Botanicals
Soothe aching limbs with 50+ trace minerals salts and essential oils as well as drawing harmful toxins out of the body. Combined with the warmth of the water, they become a powerful cleanse for a healthy body.
- Steaming Stones Sweet Surrender Body Oil + Radiance Enlivening Body Cream
The combination of Radiance and Steaming Stones to protect, nourish and soothe dehydrated skin is also key to stimulating the lymphatic system.
- Muscle Balm Ultra Strength Formula
A gentle massage with our ultra-strength Muscle Balm quickly relieves body tension, eases aches, and relieves sinus and chest congestion.
- Every Little Thing Balm
This healing balm not only keeps your feet soft and supple but utilizes bentonite clay and pure essential oils to effectively draw toxins, swelling and inflammation from the body.
- Your Favorite Bedtime Herbal Tea
A Healthy Dose of CHILLAX
- Prepare a cup of your favorite comforting bedtime tea with a squeeze of lemon.
- Fill your bath with steamy warm water, adding an abundant amount of I'm Grounded Bath Botanicals. Prepare a warm, moist wash cloth with 2 Tbs. of Sand and 4 pumps of Steaming Stones body oil. While your bath is filling, begin to exfoliate your entire body starting at your feet and ending at your neck.
- Immerse your body into the bath until you are fully embraced in warm, silky water. Breathe deeply, fully inhaling the healing aromas of juniper berry, cedarwood, pine and blue cypress. Relax and soak for 10-15 minutes and sip your tea.
- After your bath, apply a combination of Radiance body cream with a pump of Steaming Stones to your entire body.
- Massage a pea size amount of Muscle Balm into your shoulders, neck and chest.
- Apply a small amount of Every Little Thing Balm around your tender nose, dry lips and rub into your feet.
- Slip into your comfyist PJs and set up some good binge watching on Netflix. Allow your body to completely surrender to a restful night of total regeneration.
Waking up the next day I felt like myself again and relished in a clear mind and recovering body. I felt like I had control of the cold instead of it having control of me. I repeated this the next night to ensure I would remain flu-free but to be totally honest – it was such a delicious experience I simply had to do it again ;)