How is it even legal to have wrinkles and acne at the same time? Aren't unsightly blemishes a teenager thing? I'm 41. Ok fine, I'm 42 at the end of the month, and until recently I was still experiencing breakouts similar to those I had as a teenager. You know, that time of the month would come around, my hormones would go crazy, to be honest I'm not even sure what went on. I just know it was a very frustrating mess. But I solved it my friends. And now I'm going to tell you how, because I don't think wrinkles (not that we have them) and acne should exist in the same universe.
- Start with kindness. Sounds a little weird, but hear me out. I started with letting go of the frustration I was having with my skin. Rather than being mad about the breakouts, I would tell my skin that it was ok and I was going to figure out how to help it. Woo woo AF? Maybe. But I swear it actually helped so I'm sticking to it.
- Nourish your skin. The biggest difference maker in my skin was giving it what it needed to heal and flourish. I swear by Electric Sky Universal Elixir. It transformed my skin completely. After I saw what it did for my teenage son's skin I was a believer. Why does it work so well? It's because Electric Sky contains medical-grade oxygen. How? Well, it's all very scientific but basically, Good Medicine actually "ozonated" hemp seed oil (which in itself is a super food for your skin). And the result is a powerful, gel-like oil that has transformed my skin is just a short time. Electric Sky brightens my complexion, clears my acne, reduces my fine lines and wrinkles, and virtually erases my under-eye circles – addressing all of my skin concerns in one tiny little bottle. So yeah, I'm a fan. The scent is a little surprising at first. It was unlike anything I had experienced before. But after using it for a few days I started really enjoying it. It reminds me of the air during a lightening storm. I also figured out that if I mix it with Clarity then I really couldn't smell it at all. Some results I noticed more immediately than I'd ever seen results with any other product, but there also seem to be cumulative results and my skin is actually continuing to improve. Read more about Harnessing the Power of Activated Oxygen.
- Stop trying to "clean" your skin. I realized that so many of the cleansers on the market (even the natural ones) actually strip your skin down and deplete it of lovely and beneficial natural oils and microflora. Once I simply started using Rain Replenishing Oil Cleanser and a simple natural fiber cloth to wash my face, a whole new world opened up to me and I saw the benefits of not stripping my skin to "clean" it.
- Stop touching your face. I didn't realize I touched my face so much until my sister mentioned it to me when I was complaining about my current breakout. You might not realize you are doing it either, but touching your skin, especially when there are blemishes present, actually worsens the situation. I am so glad my sister said something!
- Wash your pillowcase often. Silk pillowcases are recommended when fighting acne. I made the switch and have never looked back. Not only are the beneficial for keeping the breakouts at bay, they are also good for reducing hair breakage and wrinkles. Read more about them: Tips for a More Beautiful Sleep.
These five things made a huge difference in my skin and I hope they do for yours too. I'm actually loving my 40's, it's a beautiful season on womanhood. I feel like I have come into my own and honestly, I feel wonderful at this age. I embrace every moment. And now I can flourish during this season without stressing about breakouts. I'll leave that to the kids.
Social Butterfly at Good Medicine Beauty Lab