Who needs plastic microbeads when nature makes the perfect exfoliant - Sand!
We are so in love with our beneficial desert. It offers an abundance of wildcrafted remedies that are amazingly effective. One of our favorite powerhouse ingredients is YUCCA ROOT, a natural cell-regenerating ingredient in our Sand Red Desert Mineral Polish
Yucca Root Has Superhero Powers
Yucca is referred to in the southwest desert as “soap root”. This beautiful root does all the heavy lifting in our Sand and never complains. Yucca root contains saponins, a natural skin cleansing compound, which acts as a natural antioxidant to protect cells from oxygenation. Saponins effectively bond with dirt and debris so they can be easily removed from the skin. This action supports a healthy immune function of skin.
- Deep cleans without damaging the skin
- Effectively breaks the bond of dead skin cells
- Detoxifies the skin
- Supports healthy skin and the growth of new cells
- Calms irritated, sensitive skin
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
3 things to keep in mind when exfoliating your skin
Because exfoliation is one of the most misunderstood (yet simple) steps in our skin care routine, we have a few tips to help you achieve super soft, bright skin:
- Stay away from harsh scrubs that can scratch and damage your skin.
- More is not better. 1-2 times a week is plenty.
- Never is not enough.
Did you know we naturally turn over skin cells every 28 days? Pretty cool. You don't want the dead skin cells to build up, forming an unhealthy brittle shell that can be a breeding ground for bacteria and oils – causing a breakdown in our skin barrier. We need regular exfoliation to keep the skin clear as it continually regenerates itself.
Signs of the break down of your skin barrier
- Sensitive skin
- Clogged pores
- Inflamed acne
- Dehydrated skin
- Dull Lack luster skin tone
- Fine lines
Benefits to proper exfoliation
- New skin cells can come to the surface and shine
- Smooth skin
- Even exchange of oxygen, nutrients and vitamins
- Your toners, serums and creams work better as intended