Ok so you know masking is fun and relaxing. But what are some of the other benefits of indulging in a facial mask now and again?
Deep Cleansing - sure, you cleanse everyday. But only a good face mask can draw our the impurities beneath the surface. Our Smudge Detoxifying Mask is formulated to go deep and remove impurities. After just one use, you will see and feel a difference in your skin and pores.
Therapeutic - sometimes there is nothing better than taking a moment for yourself. It might seem like a small thing. But we believe that the beautiful small moments are what make living really magical. So slow down, brew a cup of tea, indulge, and relax.
Unclogs Pores - masking with Bentonite Clay (an ingredient in Smudge) actually removes dirt, excess oils, and dead skin cells that can clog pores. Honey Bee purifies and restores balance, stops bacterial growth, and acts as a mild alpha-hydroxyl acid to reveal a new layer of gorgeous skin. Regular face masks keep your precious pores clear and healthy.
Glowing, Hydrated Skin - one of the many reasons facial masking is so beloved is that you can see an immediate difference in the tone, texture, and radiance of your skin. Indulging in any one of our masks (or mixing your own) will give your skin a little pick-me-up right away. And there's nothing quite as good as instant gratification. We especially love Honey Bee for this reason. If your skin is having "an off day" just a few minutes with Honey Bee will do the trick to revive it.
We recommend indulging in a face mask once or twice a week. Masking should follow cleansing and toning. Cleansing and toning first clears your skin of impurities and excess oil and lays the foundation for your skin to absorb the powerful ingredients in our masks.
Our favorite times to apply a mask is either in the tub or before a shower. This is because we don't love a mess. Smudge is a great detoxifying option before a shower and we especially love to relax with a Honey Bee or Clarity/Ashes mask in the tub for some extreme hydration.
Always remember to follow your intuition when creating your own personal beauty rituals. But here are some tips to help you on your way.
- Cleanse and tone prior to applying your mask.
- Using damp finger tips, apply the mask to your damp face.
- Apply a liberal amount of mask and relax as you let it do its work.
- Do not rub the mask into your skin, rather apply it like you're frosting a cupcake and then slightly tap/push it into your skin.
- When removing your mask, remember that they are formulated to stick to your skin, so we recommend lots of water and a wet cloth. If you want to save yourself a mess, hop in the shower or apply your mask while soaking in the tub.
- Here are some more in-depth tips for masking with Honey Bee.
Enjoy! From our desert home to yours...