What is hemp seed oil exactly and why are people experiencing such fabulous result for their skin, especially when it comes to fighting and preventing acne?
It's a miracle oil and it's the base of our Electric Sky Universal Elixir. This gorgeous oil has a bit of a cult following, and for good reason. It provides serious antioxidant activity to promote healthy skin. What more could you ask for? We're glad you asked. I mean, you could combine this miraculous oil with activated oxygen to create an incredible power-house product that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, regulates oil production, soothes the skin, and fights acne-causing bacteria, fungus, and microbes like no other.
Hemp seed oil is derived from the Cannabis sativa plant species. You're probably thinking marijuana, but it is actually a different species than the one to make the drug. Hemp seed oil contains no THC, the psychoactive in marijuana.
Cold-pressed hemp seed contains the highest concentration of skin-loving nutrients, so of course, this is what we use. It's basically super food for you skin. Here are a few of the fantastic benefits, and reasons why it's so great for your skin.
- Calms the skin. Hemp seed oil is naturally calming. So if you suffer from skin irritation due to acne, dryness, or sensitivity, then it might just be the god-send you've been looking for.
- Balances oil production. If you have oily skin, hemp seed might just be what you've been looking for. It moisturizes without clogging pores and over time it actually begins to help regulate the amount of oil your skin naturally produces.
- Gives a glow. Hemp seed oil is amazing at plumping tired or dry skin and gives it a gorgeous, healthy glow.
- Retains moisture. If your skin tends to feel dry half way though the day, hemp seed oil is brilliant at keeping your skin feeling and looking fresh for an extended period of time.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines. While hemp seed oil is protecting your skin from environmental stressors, it is also plumping and hydrating, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
One of the things we love most about hemp seed oil, is that it is ideal for all skin types. No matter how your skin is acting, hemp seed oil is beneficial. That's why it's called Electric Sky Universal Elixir, because there honestly is not a skin issue it won't help. XOXO